27 February 2008
- Last but not least: Gudmund's view of world today:
Newsletter No 7
- 20:00 LT Flight Planning: There will
flight which goes into the frontal system south of Lofoten
- 17:20 LT: Return to Andenes. First impression: very successful
flight with a surprinsingly good coverage of DIAL and wind lidar data covering the lower and
middle troposphere. All dropsondes worked fine. Reinhold is fixing
proplems with the GPS position transmission together with Emma
- Reinhold managed to submit the dropsonde data into the GTS from the Falcon.
- The Falcon took off for its first mission at 10:20 LT heading north towards
Svalbard. The weather conditions are nearly perfect for the Arctic: almost no
clouds, see the NOAA satellite imagery on 12:15 UT!