28 February 2008
- Last but not least: Gudmund's view of world this night:
Newsletter No 8
- 16:30 LT Constructive Flight Planning for Saturday/Sunday: Idar and Oyvind
presented interesting plans for possible missions - however, first we will see what
the day brings tomorrow regarding Andreas and Alex laser
- 15:35 LT: Return to Andenes. First impression: successful
flight with 15 dropsonde releases and good wind data; unfortunately, the DIAL was not
working at all, we saw a sad Axel and, nevertheless, an energetic Andreas; they are
going to fix the problem tomorrow - hopefully!!
- Together with Jon Egill we modified the structure and the schedule of the
meetings and briefings to facilitate our planning.
- The Falcon took off for its second mission as planned at 12:10 LT heading towards
the approaching front which could be seen clearly from the halo around the sun due to
the ice crystals of the cirrus clouds.
- At the 9am meeting, a new flight plan was presented. The low, we are targeting
was faster than forecasted. The
flight plan was evenly filled with 15 dropsonde release positions as we expect high
cirrus clouds all the flight long: it will be a busy day for Reinhold!