13 March 2008
- Last but not least: Gudmunds pictures
- Although the forecasts are changing from run to run with respect to the mesoscale structures the
overall evolution promised favorable conditions for polar low develepment over the weekend. In the
evening meeting, we discussed different strategies: There are two interesting regions north and
southeast of Spitsbergen. This time we want to try to get good flux measurements both with the lidars
and also in situ. An additional reason to go north with two flights is also that the ETKF sensitive
region are just covering the Arctic Ocean around Svalbard.
- There is already a interesting discussion going on about our flight to the mooring site. Ian made
some preliminary cross-sections.
- Downday: Well, there were some things down this morning. My jobs at ECMWF are slowing down each day
persistently and there was not much help from UHD ... Let's see if the pictures arrive in time tomorrow.
The spare part for the Falcon arrived late in the evening. Alex installed it after Frank and he picked
it up at the airport.
- Andreas Wiegele prepared a
pictural overview of his impressions so far.