- On 8/9 July the German and Swiss NAWDEX community held a NAWDEX preparation workhop at DLR Oberpfaffenhofen. 32 participants (scientists, instrument PI's and the flight facility) from 10 institutions (DLR-IPA, DLR-FX, LMU Munich, TU Munich, ETH Zurich, U. Leipzig, KIT Karlsruhe, MPI Hamburg, U. Hamburg, U. Cologne) discussed about scientic aims, payload and observations and aircraft and flight operations. The discussion was guided by the draft version of the Campaign Implementation Plan for NAWDEX that will be available soon
- At the workshop it was decided to prepare a NAWDEX dry run for 28 Sept - 9 October 2015
- July 31, 2015: The NAWDEX Campaign Implementation Plan (CIP) for the deployment of HALO and Falcon is released
- The international NAWDEX webpage is online: NAWDEX.org
- One year in advance of the campaign: The NAWDEX dryrun is held from 28 September to 9 October. During this two-week period flight planning based on daily weather briefings conducted via web conferences. The discussion comprises decision making and coordination of obervations. The available forecast products are tested and missing diagnostics will be identified. After the campaign the most promising cases are revised and flight plans are discussed with the flight facility.
October 12, 2015: The dry run is completed. Weather presentations and a short summary can be found at the dry run webpage
November 3, 2015: Please find a nice summary of NAWDEX and the recently conducted dry run written by John Methven in the weather and climate blog of the Department of Meteorology of the University of Reading
November 10, 2015: NAWDEX was presented at the Waves to Weather Kick-Off meeting which
is a new collaborative research center by the German research foundation (DFG). One of the cross-cutting activities within W2W
focuses on campaign data . The
common analysis of NAWDEX cases will be central to the first phase of W2W.
December 1, 2015: Update of the Campaign Implementation Plan
February 18, 2016: The NAWDEX science and preparation workshop will be held at DLR from 4 to 6 April 2016 . The workshop will also be the first Waves2Weather (W2W) Campaign Data - Cross Cutting Activity event.
- Monday, 4 April (12:00 - 17:30): Scientific Preparation Session - Part I
- Tuesday, 5 April (08:00 - 10:00): Scientific Preparation Session - Part II
- Tuesday, 5 April (10:00 - 17:30): Campaign Implementation Session:
- Wednesday, 6 April (08:00 - 12:00): Forecaster's Training Event
March 3, 2016: An updated version of the NAWDEX Campaign Implementation Plan (CIP): for the deployment of HALO and Falcon is released. It includes a description of the NAWDEX dry run cases. Additionally we provide a table of all preparation cases :
March 24, 2016: The
official program for the NAWDEX workshop: is available.