ML-CIRRUS aircraft experiment with HALO (coordination)
CONCERT FALCON aircraft experiments, CONtrail and Cirrus ExpeRimenT 2008 and 2011 (coordination)
GEOCYCLES Geocycles Excellence Cluster (topic leader magma systems)International projects
1. THESEO/SOLVE - Third European Stratospheric Experiment on Ozone, EU Project, (1997-2000)
2. EUPLEX - European Polar Stratospheric Cloud and Leewave Experiment, EU Project, (2002- 2004)
3. TROCCINOX - Tropical Convection, Cirrus, and Nitrogen Oxides Experiment, EU Project, (2002-2005)
4. SCOUT-O3 - Stratospheric-Climate Links with Emphasis on the Upper Troposphere and Lower Stratosphere, EU Project, (2004-2009)
5. AMMA - African Monsoon Multidisciplinary Analyses, EU Project (2006-2010)
7. FIONA – Formal Instrument Intercomparisons of Observations of Nitrous Acid, EUPHORE Photo Reaction Chamber, Valencia, Spain, 2009-13
8. SHIVA – Stratospheric ozone Halogen impacts in a varying atmosphere, EU Project, http://shiva.iup.uni-heidelberg.de, 2009-20139. RECONCILE – Reconciliation of essential process parameters for an enhanced predictability of arctic stratospheric ozone loss and its climate interactions, EU-Project (2010-2013)
10. HAIC - High altitude ice crstals, The main objectives of the HAIC project are to allow the European aeronautical industry to face challenges related to the evolution of regulation regarding mixed phase and glaciated icing conditions by characterising high ice water content environments, EU project (2013-2017)
11. ACCESSII - The Alternative Fuel Effects on Contrails and Cruise Emissions, campaign by NASA, DLR and NRC (2014)
12. DACCIWA Dynamics-aerosol-chemistry-cloud interactions in West Africa (DACCIWA) funded within the European Union 7th Framework Programm, since 2015
13. PAZI Particles and Cirrus Clouds, DLR project (2000-2007)
14. CIRRUSIII: a suite of aircraft campaigns for cirrus studies, project organized by FZJ and University Mainz (2005-2008)
15. HALO - The High Altitude and LOng Range Research Aircraft: new Research Aircraft for atmospheric research and earth observation of the German Science Community, http://www.halo.dlr.de/ since 2009, Participation in campaigns ESM-Val 2012, TACTS 2012, ML-CIRRUS 2014, POLSTRACC2016, etc
16. CATS Klimaverträgliches Lufttransportsystem, DLR-Project, http://sites.portal.dlr.de/pa/cats/default.aspx, 2008-2012.
17. ESMVal Earth System Model Validation, DLR-Project, http://www.pa.op.dlr.de/ESMVal/ergebnisse.html, 2011-2014.
18. T-NAWDEX Falcon Lagrangian Experiment to quantify diabatic processes in a WCB and their potential role for forecast errors, FALCON aircraft campaign, 2012.
19. WeCare Utilizing Weather information for Climate efficient and eco efficient future aviation, DLR-Project, 2013-2017.
20. DFG-SPP HALO coordination of the ML-CIRRUS campaign, 2014.
21. ACRIDICON-CHUVA Aerosol, Cloud, Precipitation and Radiation Interactions, HALO campaign in Brazil, 2014.
22. RICE3 Campaign at the AIDA cloud chamber of KIT, Optics and morphology of ice crystals, 2014.
23. ECLIF (Emission and Climate Impact of Alternative Fuels), DLR project (2014-2017).
AEROTROP Home ... News ... Internal Login ... ECWMF forecast (internal)